Monday, September 19, 2011

Need to change my headlight..dont know what im doing!!?

I have a '93 S 10 Chevy. The headlight went out. Figured it would be simple to change. I bought the light, I took the screw out....now what? I thought the light would just come out? How do I get it out? Help?Need to change my headlight..dont know what im doing!!?Your vehicle uses the 1-piece sealed beam headlamps, not the composite headlight assembly with bulb inserts, that others have mentioned. You can find instructions here, with pictures, which you can click on to enlarge.



http://www.autozone.com/az/cds/en_us/090Need to change my headlight..dont know what im doing!!?Cant say sorry, Dont touch the Glass bit of your headlight globe. DONT TOUCH ITNeed to change my headlight..dont know what im doing!!?The light they gave you is a halogen bulb. If you touch it the oils from your skin will cause it to cook and cause the bulb to break soon after your first use. it san be cleaned off with rubbing alcohol on a damp cotton ball, don't hold it with the glass part upright. The auto parts stores won't take them back after you touched either. If you open the hood of the truck look for the wires and connector behind the headlight reflector it should twist counterclocwise and using a clean papertowel or cotton cloth you can plug the new light into the socket and then put it back into the reflector turning it clockwise. Good luck!Need to change my headlight..dont know what im doing!!?if it is a large square one piece bulg that is glass..then you remove retaining ring (four screws under trim)..but I believe that model has hologen twist in element that you open hood...look on back side of head light...there is a plug going into back of light..disconnect it then twist bulb one half turn and pull out...install reverse of removal..if it is a sealed beam you remove screws and change from front...if it is not you change from back..how big is the replacement bulb?if it is a small bulb then it is not sealed beam..change from rearNeed to change my headlight..dont know what im doing!!?Ah the 93 s10 one of the last cars/trucks to have the old full replacement headlights. I think you messed up and you unscrewed the headlights adjustment screws. You have to remove the whole grill and when you do you will see 4 small screws around the headlight. Remove them and the retaining frame will fall out as well as the headlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment