Monday, October 24, 2011

How do I change a burnt out headlight on my 2000 Pontiac Grand Am myself? Step-by-step instructions needed.?

I need a step-by-step guide on how to do this. I'm a female trying to fix it herself (If possible) to 1) save money %26amp; 2) to feel I'm not a completely useless, helpless female. Have tools, will learn!How do I change a burnt out headlight on my 2000 Pontiac Grand Am myself? Step-by-step instructions needed.?Go spend $20 at any auto parts store and get a Haynes manual. Will show you every last item on your car that you will need to know, fix, repair, replace, take apart, figure out, etc.



Never leave home without your Haynes.



http://www.haynes.comHow do I change a burnt out headlight on my 2000 Pontiac Grand Am myself? Step-by-step instructions needed.?Carefully take out the old one...Then put in the new one.How do I change a burnt out headlight on my 2000 Pontiac Grand Am myself? Step-by-step instructions needed.?try hereHow do I change a burnt out headlight on my 2000 Pontiac Grand Am myself? Step-by-step instructions needed.?iT USUALLY ONLY TAKES ACOUPLE OF SCREWS AND YOUR INHow do I change a burnt out headlight on my 2000 Pontiac Grand Am myself? Step-by-step instructions needed.?ok,raise the hood,then the ring on the headlight turn it and pull it back,then on plug the harness,then with a rag pull out the light(watch yourself it dont break)then when you take the new 1 out of the package ,please dont touch the baulb,cause it will make the new baulb go bad ,ok take the baulb and put it in the headlight and take the ring and turn it back on and hook up the plug in.i hope i was some help to you dear.good luck.How do I change a burnt out headlight on my 2000 Pontiac Grand Am myself? Step-by-step instructions needed.?On the grand am, the headlight lense has to come out. I sold my grand am 2 years ago, so I don't remember all of the steps.



You can also check with some of the auto parts stores. Sometimes they'll replace headlight bulbs for free.How do I change a burnt out headlight on my 2000 Pontiac Grand Am myself? Step-by-step instructions needed.?first you need to remove the big black plastic cover that goes over the head lights. remove the clips with plyers. then you shoud see 2 places on the housing where you can adjust your head lights. Its a thing that sticks up that looks like its in a star pattern, and its on a yellow or white box looking thing. there is a piece of steal that goes through there, follow that back toward the car, and you should see a clamp. stick a screw driver in there, and pry it up. there are 2 of these clamps, but you really only need to pry up the one on the outside of the light. pop the light out, and then carefully turn the bulb holder out of the headlight. take your head light out, put the new one in, and put it back. then push your headlight in, put the clamp back down, and your done. take your time at this.



you know that might be confussing. here this is way better with pics.

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthreaHow do I change a burnt out headlight on my 2000 Pontiac Grand Am myself? Step-by-step instructions needed.?I agree with Nunoyvgvna Awi. Go to your local NAPA auto parts, purchase the book, and you're on your way. Haynes is the BEST, hands down because unlike Chilton's, they don't' try to cram generic information on 4 or 5 vehicles in one book. Sorry to all the guys in the audience; some of the best mechanics I know are females. They have to study %26quot;harder%26quot; to prove themselves in a typically male dominated career field. That being said, asker, don't give up on yourself so soon, I have large hands, and I can't get in to replace some of them. Depending on which bulb it is, it can be a real %26quot;treat%26quot; to change. There is a lock ring that holds the bulb in place. You have to remove this first. Who cares about the old bulb? The important thing is NOT TO TOUCH THE GLASS OF THE NEW BULB. They are a halogen capsule. They heat up very quickly, and if there are any oils from your skin on the glass, they can burst. Wear rubber gloves, or use a paper towel. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment